Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre
3-5 Frederick Street
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you much be 18+)
Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre’s Carers Companion Service aims to enable a carer to take a well-earned break by providing support and companionship to their loved one.
We are looking for volunteers with good communication and listening skills who can regularly commit to a couple of hours a week to offer support.
An understanding of issues experienced by unpaid carers would be beneficial.
Could you spare some of your time to offer this support and a listening ear?
Specific Skills Required
- Caring Nature.
- Effective Communicator.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Enjoys the company of others in a 1:1 scenario.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Being a companion for a cared for individual is very rewarding, from feeling fulfilled and satisfied that your support and time is making a positive difference to allow carers respite from their caring roles.
- Enhancing yours and the carer’s social connections to reduce loneliness and isolation.
- Developing your skills, knowledge and experience within a carer orientated charity that supports your career and personal development progression.
- Feeling part of a team and community that supports your physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Recognition and celebration for your commitment and hard work.
- Expenses will be provided.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
2 – 3 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 9 am to 4.30 pm.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10363 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).