Morts Astley Heritage Trust
Role and Opportunity Details (You must be 18+ to apply for this role)
Trustees are the people who are responsible for deciding how the organisation is run, including setting the strategy, deciding how resources are used, and making sure the charity is fulfilling its purpose.
We are looking for new Trustees to join our Board and help us achieve our mission to preserve, enhance and protect Grade II*-listed Damhouse for the benefit of the public, with the objective of providing community and wellbeing facilities, plus employment in the preservation and enhancement of the Historic Estate for the present and future generations.
Specific Skills Required
As a Trustee of MAHT you’ll need to:
- Have good listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Be able to exercise good, independent judgement.
- Have good numeracy skills to understand accounts.
- Be willing to undertake any required training in your role, particularly with respect to the Legal duties of a Trustee per the Charity Commission of England and Wales.
We are particularly interested in recruiting trustees with experience in some of the following areas:
- Strategic business planning and development.
- Charity governance.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
What’s in it for you?
- Make a positive impact for the residents of Astley and the surrounding area by ensuring MAHT is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community.
- Help ensure that Grade II* listed Damhouse and its ancient woodland are preserved for future generations to enjoy.
- Meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff, other volunteers, key stakeholders.
- Build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
The MAHT Trustee Board usually meets in the mornings for approximately 2 hours (10.00 am – 12.00 pm), every 4-6 weeks, although you may need to attend other meetings if you’re involved in specific projects, or support events.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10362 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).