Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+).
Trustees are the people who are responsible for deciding how the organisation is run, including setting the strategy, deciding how resources are used, and making sure the charity is fulfilling its purpose. Our Board includes people with experience and skills in manging the charity, with some newer trustees.
We are looking for new Trustees to join our Board and help us achieve our mission to support local people to overcome their problems, and speak up for those who are treated unjustly.
We are particularly keen to broaden the diversity of perspectives on our Board, for example in terms of background, ethnicity and experience.
Specific Skills Required
- Have good listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Be able to exercise good, independent judgement.
- Have good numeracy skills to understand.accounts with the support of the Honorary Treasurer.
- We are particularly interested in recruiting trustees with experience of HR, fundraising or finance.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Make a positive impact for people in your local area by ensuring Citizens Advice Wigan Borough is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community.
- Meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers.
- Build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills.
- Increase your employability.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Board meetings are every 6-7 weeks, Tuesday 17.00-19.00. Additional time required to read meeting papers and ad hoc projects.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10358 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).