Citizens Advice Wigan Borough
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+).
We are looking for a new Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees and help us achieve our mission to provide a quality advice service which meets the changing advice needs of our community; Improve the policies and practices that affect peoples’ lives, through campaigning and providing a voice for them to be heard; and promote equality and diversity in our community, by challenging and preventing prejudice and discrimination and ensuring equal access to all.
The successful candidate will be someone with knowledge and experience of organisational finances, who can explain complex finance information in an accessible way and enthusiasm to support the charity to make a difference to the lives of people in the Borough. Ideally might also have some experience of charities, but that is not essential.
Specific Skills Required
- Have financial qualifications or experience.
- Excellent numeracy skills to understand accounts.
- Be able to explain complex financial information in an accessible way.
- Some knowledge or experience of charity finances, fundraising, financial consequences and pension schemes is preferred but not essential.
- Have good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to exercise good independent judgement and if necessary make difficult recommendations.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Make a positive impact for people in Wigan Borough area by ensuring CAWB is sustainable and meeting the needs of our communities.
- Meet people and develop relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers.
- Build on your governance, leadership and strategic skills.
- Increase your employability.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Board meetings are every 6-7 weeks on a Tuesday 17.00-19.00. Additional time required to complete meeting pre-read and for Treasurer to prepare briefing to Board on a quarterly basis.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10357 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).