Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be aged 18+)
Tenant Voice – Neighbourhood Champion
- Do you take pride in your home and community?
- Do you care about your neighbourhood being a clean, safe, and friendly place to live?
- Do you want to make a positive contribution and help make things better for your community?
- Would you like support to implement tenant led activities?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then we are looking for people like you to join our team of Neighbourhood Champions.
The role of Neighbourhood Champion is to give a voice to tenants and residents who reside on Wigan Council Housing neighbourhoods. This will give tenants and residents a platform to engage in a positive and constructive relationship with Wigan Council and influence how their homes and communities are managed.
The role is not a platform for personal issues or to discuss past grievances, but to focus on future Housing services and ensure the voice of the tenant is heard and acted upon.
Specific Skills Required
To become a Neighbourhood Champion, you do not need any particular qualifications.
If you are a Council Tenant and are keen to represent the area where you live and can commit to:
- Meet on a quarterly basis.
- Play an active role in your community.
- Be able to give constructive feedback and work together to create solutions.
- On occasion take part in focus groups/meetings. This may include void inspections, completing surveys attending task and finish groups.
Then Tenant Voice – Neighbourhood Champion may be the role for you!
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Wigan Council offer high quality volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure you are valued and treated with respect throughout your time volunteering.
- Provide ongoing advice, training and support for you and your Volunteer Manager.
- Recognise your contribution.
- Outline your skills and explore opportunities for development.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Meet on a quarterly basis.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10338 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).