Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be aged 18+)
Tenant Voice – Eyes and Ears Member
The role of the Eyes & Ears Member is to give a voice to tenants and residents who reside on Wigan Council Housing Estates. This will give tenants and residents a platform to engage in a positive and constructive relationship with Wigan Council and influence how their neighbourhoods are managed.
As an eyes and ears member you will be asked to share your views on services and the neighbourhoods where you live, to raise issues that affect the wider community and work with officers to create solutions that work for everyone.
The role is not a platform for personal issues or to discuss past grievances, but to focus on future Housing services and ensure the voice of the tenant is heard and acted upon.
Specific Skills Required
Our Ideal Candidate – To become a Tenant Eyes & Ears Member you do not need any particular qualifications. If you are a Council Tenant and are keen to represent the area where you live and can commit to:
- Meet on a bi-annual basis.
- Be interested in the area they live in.
- Want to make a difference.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Wigan Council offer high quality volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure you are valued and treated with respect throughout your time volunteering.
- Provide ongoing advice, training and support for you and your Volunteer Manager.
- Recognise your contribution.
- Outline your skills and explore opportunities for development.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Meet on a bi-annual basis.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10337 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).