We Are Explorers
2 Duva Mews
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+ )
We are looking for volunteers to engage with our LGBTQ+ identifying and questioning young people at our weekly youth group.
The group runs every Saturday, 12 noon to 2 pm (plus 20 minutes extra time before and after for setting up and debriefing) in the Studio at The Turnpike.
You will be supporting our main Youth Workers to deliver engaging youth group sessions to 15-30+ young people aged 11-18.
We are primarily an arts-based group but do get involved in other activities including sports, cooking and well-being.
Specific Skills Required
- Knowledge of and support for the LGBTQ+ community,
- Experience of working with children and/or young people,
- DBS preferred but can be provided by the organisation,
- Lived experience of being LGBTQ+ and/or being arty are a plus!
Benefits of volunteering with this organisation
- Youth engagement is a really fun role where you will get involved in the same activities the young people do – from Pride protests to VR workshops to Ninja Warrior courses, these are all activities our youth engagement team have been involved in over the years.
- We provide all our volunteers with free training and we meet socially throughout the year as well.
- This is an exciting period of growth for our organisation as we are looking to expand our youth engagement offer.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Saturdays, 11.40 -14.20, and staff meetings which are held online every 2 months on a Monday evening.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10333 (please take a note of this ‘VO’ number before applying for this role).