Wigan & Leigh Hospice
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you much be 18+)
IPU refreshment Volunteer
We are looking to appoint a number of volunteers to support our Inpatient Unit at the hospice.
As an IPU refreshment volunteer you will carry out duties and provide practical support to the ward staff, these include but are not limited to;
- preparing and serving refreshments to patients and visitors
- replenishing patients water jugs and cups
- preparing trays and serving meals to patients
- clearing trays from rooms and cleaning patient tables
- some light cleaning duties in the kitchen
- ensuring infection prevention control measures are adhered to
Specific Skills Required
The role requires an approachable, friendly individual who ensures confidentiality, respect and dignity whilst being an excellent communicator.
Full training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Volunteering is a rewarding way to spend your spare time.
- A great way to meet people.
- An opportunity to develop new skills.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
We are currently looking for a commitment of at least one shift a week. Wednesday – Sunday on one of the following shift times – 3.30pm – 6pm or a Saturday 7pm – 8.30pm. Please specify in your application which shift/s you would prefer.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10331 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).