Caring Connections Ltd
1A, Pier House
Role and Opportunity Details (Volunteers must be aged 18 or above to apply)
A Befriending Volunteer is a one to one, non-judgmental role where you volunteer your time to support and encourage someone.
Many people benefit from the support of a mentor or Befriender at a time of change in their life or when they are socially isolated due to illness or old age.
Befriending is offered to alleviate feelings of isolation and loneliness, resulting from a lack of opportunity to meet people for social contact make friends and have someone to talk to for whatever reason.
As a Befriender you will be calling people and be providing companionship and improving their confidence and independence.
We are looking for Volunteers who are confident, empathetic and friendly, who like to chat and can hold a good conversation.
We will offer training and support throughout your journey with us and will support you and any needs you have.
Specific Skills Required
- Interested in other people.
- A good listener.
- Reliable and can commit some of your time to listening and talking to others.
- The willingness to share some of your own personal interests with Befriended.
- To be Non-judgmental and empathetic.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Befriending phone services can turn loneliness into togetherness.
- Our Befriending services can bring meaning and purpose to your life, while increasing your self-esteem and well-being.
- Volunteering can also relieve stress and alleviate symptoms of depression.
- As well as having a positive impact on your community, volunteering can improve your relationships.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
We are looking for Volunteers to volunteer 4 hours a week on a flexible basis Monday to Friday 0930-1630.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10317 – (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).