Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+)
Community Led Initiatives CIC was set up by people who had been to prison and faced the difficulty in building a new life when released. We aim to help other people lead a more fulfilling life through the power of quality peer mentoring.
We support those experiencing multiple disadvantages such as homelessness, offending, substance misuse and mental health issues. There is no typical day as everyone is a unique person with different needs of support.
Duties may include:
- Building a trusting relationship with your mentee, working towards achieving their goals.
- To assist people to develop basic life skills to help someone become more independent
- Helping people navigate the housing and benefits system.
- Supporting people to attend health and wellbeing appointments.
- Walking alongside people, listening, guiding, and offering solutions and choices.
- Encouraging people to engage with other services.
- Introducing people to new social activities and peer networking.
- Helping people build lasting relationships with others – family friends.
- Attending monthly support sessions with your line manager.
- Recording notes after each mentee session.
Specific Skills Required
We are looking for people:
- With a passion to help others.
- Who are empathetic and reliable.
- Positive, committed, and non-judgmental.
- Who are available for 4-6 hours a week, ideally over 2 days for 4-6 months.
- Although it’s not a requirement, we welcome people who have been through similar experiences.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
All out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
Full training, induction and shadowing opportunities.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
4-6 hours per week, minimum of 6 months commitment.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10315 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).