Embrace Wigan and Leigh Charity
81 Ribble Road
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+)
Gaming Group Volunteer
Do you enjoy sports and gaming?
We run a weekly in-person group called Chat2you. This is where local people get together for a general chit chat, play ps4 and Xbox games, board games, darts and more.
The volunteer would be in charge of setting up gaming equipment, introduce new members and engaging with our existing members in accessing games and connecting with the group members with each other.
Specific Skills Required
- To lead the Chat2you group you would need to have an interest in gaming/sports and have ideas you could bring to the group to help it become more interactive.
- Enjoy and preferably have experience supporting others in the community.
- Be able to travel independently to our venue – travel expenses will be provided.
- Setting up gaming equipment, introduce new members and engaging with our existing members in accessing games and connecting with the group members with each other.
Benefits of volunteering with this organisation
- The opportunity to meet new people.
- Free meals.
- Training and supervision
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Mondays 12 noon to 2pm.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10291 (please take a note of the ‘VO’ number before applying for this role).