TLC Talk Listen Change
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+)
Children and Young People’s (CYP) Volunteer
TLC: Talk, Listen, Change is a relationships charity, providing of an award-winning service throughout Greater Manchester and further across the Northwest. Our mission is safe, healthy and happy relationships.
Our ‘Children and Young People’s Service’ works with young people and either; their main carer in the Respect Young Peoples Programme, or with their partners or siblings within the Encouraging Healthy Relationships Programme. Both support services help the young person with creating healthy relationships.
What’s the role?
- A CYP Volunteer will attend the group work sessions and follow up contact with the families when required.
- The group sessions consist of 12-week workshop to work with the young people and families to undertake individual diagnostic assessments with the children and young people who are using abusive behaviours in their intimate relationships or towards their parents/carers.
- To liaise with referring agencies and actively contribute to risk management procedures.
- To deliver a range of programme materials in both individual and group work settings, including programmes focused on prevention, early intervention and behaviour change.
- This role will involve working directly with young people as well as engaging with their parents/carers and making appropriate referrals for partners/ex partners and children connected to the referred young people.
All volunteers will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Specific Skills Required
- Good Communication
- Willingness to Learn
Benefits of volunteering with this organisation
- Gain hands on experience from the beginning and be supported with a specifically designed and robust volunteer structure.
- Receive high quality training and the opportunity to progress, working closely with and being mentored by our CYP Team.
- One to one supervision every 6-8 weeks.
- Offered support on any personal issues raised as a result of the volunteering.
- Help and support if you want to transition into or return to employed work.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
2 hours a week.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10282 (please make a note of the ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).