Bolton Lads and Girls Club
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply you must be 21 years +)
Each match is young person centred and so the duration varies by each relationship, however is reviewed every 6 months, 12 months and 18months.
Flexible, you meet with your mentee for a few hours every other week at a time and day that works for the both of you.
About the role:
Our Mentors make a huge difference to the lives of our young people. You will be matched with a young person who needs support in building their resilience, confidence, and self esteem, and meet fortnightly to reach these goals.
It is also incredibly rewarding experience for you, developing your own skills.
As well as meeting your Mentee every other week, you will also have regular contact with your Coordinator and a quarterly supervision where you will receive guidance and support.
This is an incredible opportunity to make a huge difference to a young persons live.
You don’t need any previous experience as we provide you with training, but what we do ask is that you are;
- At least 21 years old.
- Passionate and committed to mentoring a young person for at least 12 Months.
- Can build a positive long term relationship with a young person and be a role model.
- Are non-judgmental, an excellent listener, and able to engage with a young person on their level.
- Are reliable, honest, enthusiastic, and fun.
- The ability to drive and have access to a vehicle is essential for this role.
Specific Skills Required
- Good communication skills.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Full training given.
- Fully supported by the wider team.
- Learn new skills and meet new people.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Volunteer Opportunity Number