Wigan & St Helens
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply you must be 18 years +)
Community Volunteer – Wigan & St Helens
Local NCT groups and activities are an essential part of what we do. They provide warm, friendly, non-judgemental support to all parents, improving wellbeing and reducing isolation.
As a Community Volunteer you will know what is most needed to support parents in your local area and play a big role in creating spaces for parents to connect and access reliable information and support.
In this flexible role, you will support local parents by leading one of our easy to set up regular events such as a Bumps & Babies group or outdoor Walk and Talk, or holding one of our well-known Nearly New Sales.
- Planning and leading one of our local activities or services to support parents.
- Advertising your group or event via social media and other platforms.
- Attracting and welcoming helpers for your activity.
- Following NCT guidance to ensure all events are welcoming, inclusive and safe.
- Collecting and sharing information about the difference you make to parents.
- Promoting NCT’s values and vision in your local community.
This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability
The time you will spend volunteering will vary depending on the type and frequency of the activity you choose to run. You could volunteer with as little as 2 hours per month.
We’re ideally looking for Community Volunteer who can volunteer for at least 3 months
Specific Skills Required
- Passionate about supporting parents.
- Motivated and reliable.
- Able to plan and organise a one off event or regular group.
- Welcoming to all parents, friendly and a good listener.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- A great volunteer experience where you can meet new people, and develop skills.
- Excellent support from other experienced volunteers and our Volunteering Team.
- Access to an online platform with all the tools, resources and training you will need .
- Expenses paid in line with our expenses policy.
- NCT is committed to zero discrimination and driving real change to tackle inequality.
- Importantly you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to parents in your local community.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
- This is a flexible role that can fit around your other commitments and availability.
- The time you will spend volunteering will vary depending on the type and frequency of the activity you choose to run. You could volunteer with as little as 2 hours per month.
- We’re ideally looking for Community Volunteer who can volunteer for at least 3 months.
Volunteer Opportunity Number