The Old Courts
Gerrard Winstanley House
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply you must be 18+)
Role: Comfort Chats
- Provide weekly phone calls to chat to people in the community to help to reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Check on their wellbeing and lend a listening ear.
- Logging calls on our secure system and following procedures if there is a concern.
Specific Skills Required
Experience is not necessary, and we don’t ask for qualifications. We’re interested in personal qualities and skills:
- Compassion, empathy, and patience are key qualities that we look for in our volunteers.
- The ability to consider the Service Users needs and be sensitive to these.
- Good listening and conversation skills.
- Reliability and consistency.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Be part of The Old Courts team of Volunteers.
- Help to reduce isolation and loneliness in your local community.
- Provide practical support to individuals who are in need.
- Feel satisfaction that you have helped our Service Users to feel better about themselves.
- Develop new skills and build confidence.
- Opportunity to access relevant training to add to your own development.
- Gain work experience. In some cases we are able to provide references for future employment.
Level of commitment required
- From just 1 hour a week you could help someone when they need it the most.
- This is an ongoing opportunity.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Hours and days are flexible but should ideally be consistent.
Volunteer Opportunity Number