The Shoebox Fairies
Ashland House, Dobson Park Way
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 18+)
Admin and Research Volunteer
We are expanding our fairy family and are looking for a volunteer to help support us with our year long projects as well as our Christmas shoebox appeal.
Join us and help us build lasting relationships with businesses, schools, Community groups and other charities in the area.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who would like to gain administrative or fundraising experience in the third sector.
Typical Admin and Research Volunteer roles include –
- Responding to email and web page enquiries.
- Maintaining communication with our third parties and collecting referral information.
- Researching third party partners and being involved in creating new partnerships.
- Helping us develop our boxes with ideas through collating feedback.
- Interacting with our third parties and assisting with pick up and drop offs arrangements.
- Auditing referrals and box distribution.
- Collecting data for fundraising applications and being involved in grant writing proposals.
- Building relationships with local business and identifying corporate sponsorship opportunities.
Other opportunities you may wish to get involved in include –
- Fundraising and event management.
- Social media campaigns.
- Box creation and distribution.
- Governance and risk management.
Specific Skills Required
We are looking for a people person with strong written and verbal communication skills.
A good grounding in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is desirable.
Whatever your experience, talent or availability – as long as you are full of fairy fighting spirit we would love to hear from you.
We structure our volunteer roles to your strengths and your availability.
If you’re looking to develop your confidence or skills in administration we’d like to support you.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Share your skills and experience.
- Enhance your CV.
- Support a local charity and make a difference in your community.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
We are flexible on time commitment for this role but suggest commitment of a minimum of 4 hours a month (plus attendance at monthly zoom meeting).
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10243 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).