The Shoebox Fairies
Ashland House, Dobson Park Way
Role and Opportunity Details (to apply for this role you must be 16+)
Shoebox Fairy Box Creators
We are looking to expand our fairy family and are looking for volunteers of all ages (16+) and background to join us and help to deliver and expand our shoebox projects in 2022 and beyond.
Join us and help support more new mums, reach more isolated and vulnerable people, and spread a little sparkle – one box at a time.
Typical Shoebox Fairy Creator activities include –
- Stock check of box items and replenishing of box items.
- Putting together of our New Beginnings and Mother and Baby boxes plus any future box projects.
- Quality checking donated boxes over the Christmas period for suitability and removal of restricted items.
- Helping us develop our boxes with ideas and feedback.
- Interacting with our third parties and assisting with pick up and drop offs.
- Contributing to project development at our monthly zoom meetings.
Specific Skills Required
Whatever your experience, talent or availability – as long as you are full of fairy fighting spirit we would love to hear from you.
We structure our volunteer roles to your strengths and your availability.
If you’re looking to develop your confidence or skills, we’d like to support you.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
Why should you volunteer?
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Share your skills and experience.
- Enhance your CV.
- Support a local charity and make a difference in your community.
Other opportunities you may wish to get involved in include –
- Fundraising and event management
- Social media campaigns
- Engagement and recruitment of third parties
- Governance and risk management
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
We have a number of roles available and are flexible on time commitment. We would suggest commitment of a minimum of 4 hours a month (plus attendance at monthly zoom meeting).
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10237 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).