Role and Opportunity Details (Age 18+)
We are looking for a team of dedicated volunteer mentor drivers who can give up their time and use their own cars to make a difference to the lives of children and young people across the borough.
Volunteers role would be to:-
- Use their free time to help children and young people get to school and where possible at crucial health and hospital, educational, and training appointments.
- Provide a caring service, acting as a positive adult role model to young people and providing a one-to-one personal relationship that encourages them to keep building on the protective factors.
- Take an interest in the young person you are working with and ensure they have the extra support and guidance they need.
If you have a car and can spare some time each week, we would love to have you join our friendly team of volunteers.
Full training and regular support / supervision is provided.
Fuel costs and other expenses are reimbursed.
A DBS check is required to ensure the safety of the children the cost of which would be covered by us.
Specific Skills Required
Full driving licence.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- The role allows you to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
- Acting as a positive adult role model to young people and providing a one-to-one personal relationship that encourages them to keep building the protective factors.
- Full training and regular support / supervision is provided.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Volunteer Opportunity Number