Role and Opportunity Details (Volunteers under 18 can apply)
- First Aiders – required to be qualified with minimum of Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Cabin Catering – Food Hygiene Certificate preferred, but not essential, as there will be other volunteers present with the qualification.
- Outside Catering (BBQ) – Food Hygiene Certificate preferred, but not essential, as there will be other volunteers present with the qualification.
- Souvenir Sales – T shirts, match day programmes, soft drinks, cold refreshments etc
- Grounds Maintenance – litter picking, emptying bins etc
- Car Park Marshals – for the two car parks at the Gin Pit club, and along Ley Road, if needed.
Specific Skills Required
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- Food Hygiene certificate
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
Volunteers will be helping to stage the first international cycle speedway event to be held in the Borough since 2003. It will bring the community together and serve as a welcome return after two years of interruptions due to the Covid pandemic. It will also serve to inspire local youngsters to try their skills at cycle speedway racing, after having seen Europe’s best racers in action at Gin Pit.
Level of commitment required
One Off Event
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Friday 29 July – 9 am – 7 pm (3 shifts: 9 am – 12 noon / 12 noon – 4 pm / 4 pm – 7 pm)
Saturday 30 July – 9 am – 9 pm (3 shifts: 9 am – 1 pm / 1 pm – 5 pm / 5 pm – 9 pm)
Sunday 31 July – 9 am – 8 pm (3 shifts: 9 am – 12.30 pm / 12.30 pm – 4.30 pm / 4.30 pm – 8 pm)
Volunteer Opportunity Number