Diabetes UK, Dallam Court
Role and Opportunity Details
As the UK’s leading diabetes charity, it’s our job to tackle the diabetes crisis. We’re here to prevent Type 2 diabetes, campaign for and support everyone affected by diabetes, and fund research that will one day lead us to a cure.
Our volunteers are at the heart of all we do. Without their support, we could not carry out important work in research, education and care which is vital to our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. Volunteers extend the reach of our organisation and work to deliver our strategy, connecting with communities across the UK.
For people who would like to get involved but are worried about how much time they can give, then our Actions to Impact micro-volunteering role is something that they can do to raise awareness of diabetes and spread our message that diabetes is relentless. It is a flexible role where volunteers could support us with social media posts, sharing campaigns, sharing resources with the public or they may have an idea themselves of how they would like to raise awareness.
Specific Skills Required
- Willingness to learn about diabetes and listen to the diabetes community.
- Able to represent Diabetes UK in a positive way.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Induction to Diabetes UK and the role by designated volunteer manager.
- 1:1 support and supervision with volunteer manager.
- Reference available upon request.
- The opportunity to be part of a volunteer network.
- The opportunity to learn new skills.
Level of commitment required
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10200 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).