British Red Cross
6 Glasshouse Business Park
Role and Opportunity Details
Volunteer Pop up Driver
If you enjoy driving and like meeting people, this is the role for you.
You will be delivering wheelchairs to people locally or further afield to help them get moving again after illness or injury.
Picking equipment up from our office in Wigan.
- Driving to Tesco Extra, Blackpool to distribute equipment to service users (between hours of 11am and 12 noon)
- Deliver and collect wheelchairs using a Red Cross van.
- Bring returns back to our Wigan office.
Pop-up will be located in the car park of Tesco.
Specific Skills Required
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment.
- Experienced driver (at least two years).
- Confident driving a delivery van.
- Enjoy meeting people and good people skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to commit to a regular weekly shift.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills and gain new ones.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives.
- All training and induction for the role.
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
Level of commitment required
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Tuesday 9am-2pm on a regular basis.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10198 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).