Archives: Wigan & Leigh
Leigh Town Hall
Leigh, WN7 1EB
Role and Opportunity Details
Visitor Engagement Volunteers (VEV) help ensure that our Visitors have a great day out. They contribute to the success of the Archives: Wigan & Leigh by assisting staff, helping our visitors enjoy their day and providing excellent customer service.
Following training, our VEV will:
- Be based within the exhibition space.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the space.
- Help to ensure that visitors are maintaining exhibition guidelines.
- Have the option to provide small tours around the space.
- Introduce visitors to some of the local history and the work the Archives does.
Specific Skills Required
We provide lots of training, but we are looking for VEV who are:
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Have an interest in Archives, local history and Museums.
- Have good communication skills.
- Reliable – with regular attendance, we ask for a minimum commitment of one shift a month.Age 18 or over.
- Are keen to learn and stay informed
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
Our Volunteers enjoy:
- Being surrounded by and involved in Local History.
- Having the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience in a public facing role.
- Access to our comprehensive Volunteer Training program.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
We are open Tuesday to Saturday 10-1, 1:30-4.
Volunteer Opportunity Number