Ince Community Centre
Role and Opportunity Details
Our Community Café is very popular providing refreshments for visitors or groups using the rooms and is a meeting place for the local community.
With the opening of the new Community Food Shop, we are looking to expand our food offer, supporting those who are financially at risk, including families whose children are eligible for free school meals, low-income households and those who have recently lost employment.
Specific Skills Required
Retail, food or customer service experience is desirable but not necessary.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
What you’ll be doing –
- Welcoming, advising and being happy to chat with customers.
- Working the till, handling money and taking card payments.
- Organising stock, accepting & sorting donations.
- Creating food parcels when needed.
- Helping manage the shop floor: displaying goods, maintaining a high standard of quality in the shop’s presentation.
General Volunteering Duties –
- Work within health, safety and safeguarding guidelines as well as Ince Community Centres policies and procedures.
- Attend team briefings.
- Be happy to be relatively flexible in the role: supporting the shop team where necessary.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Our centre is open Monday – Friday, with a typical volunteering day running from 9:00am until 2:30pm, with lunch included.
We would ask for a commitment of at least one day a week, for 10 weeks.
Volunteer Opportunity Number