Wigan Town Hall, Library Street
Role and Opportunity Details
The Women’s UEFA World Cup is coming to Wigan & Leigh in July 2022 and you have the opportunity to be involved in this spectacular event!
We are looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Host City welcome To provide a positive welcome from first arrival into your host city.
- Wayfinding To signpost visiting fans (who do not know their way around your city) to get to key sites such as the stadium and the fan activation site.
- Fan activations To create a festive tournament feeling and represent your city branding and local host city supporters.
- Fan March To create a carnival atmosphere and to help with wayfinding to the stadium.
- Farewell To ensure visitors leave with a positive experience of your host city.
All four games will take place at Leigh Sports Village and volunteers will need to be available to support all four match days :
- Sat 9 July 2022, 17:00 Russia v Switzerland UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
- Wed 13 July 2022, 8pm Netherlands v Russia UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
- Sun 17 July 2022, 17:00 Sweden v Russia UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
- Fri 22 July 2022, 20:00 Quarter Final UEFA Women’s EURO 2022
All volunteers will have extensive training, receive an official UEFA uniform and will be part of a fantastic sporting legacy for the Wigan Borough.
Specific Skills Required
Confidence in talking to members of the public and the ability to work well in a team.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
You will be part of a fantastic sporting event, you will receive full training and an official UEFA uniform.
Level of commitment required
Volunteers will need to be available to support all four match days.
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Sat 9 July 2022, 17:00, Wed 13 July 2022, 8pm, Sun 17 July 2022, 17:00, Fri 22 July 2022, 20:00 .
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10171 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).