Out There (Supporting Families of Prisoners)
Role and Opportunity Details
Supporting and working directly with children who have been affected by the imprisonment of a family member offering a listening ear and supported signposting.
Specific Skills Required
- Have some experience and understanding of direct work with families, children or our client group
- Be positive and friendly
- Have a non-judgmental attitude
- Be flexible and use initiative
- Have a full and clean driving licence (or be able to access public transport)
- Be organised and punctual
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
Volunteering with us at Out There will include a full induction in the charity, opportunities to gain training and direct experience working with our client group.
We offer a supportive volunteer environment with an assigned manager, all expenses paid and opportunities for experience in other volunteer roles.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Date(s) / Time(s) Required
Half a day minimum within the working week, weekly or fortnightly
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10168 (please make a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).