Role and Opportunity Details
Virtual Volunteers (VV) volunteer from home to help by transcribing and typing up Archive documents to go on our website. They contribute to the success of the Archives by assisting staff to ensure our collections are well documented and accessible to everyone.
Training will be provided.
Following training, our VV will:
• Work with the Archives staff to help document our collections and make them more accessible to researchers and visitors
• Volunteer from home, indexing, cataloguing, or transcribing the archives and local studies collections
• Help the archives research local history stories and share the Borough’s heritage
• Provide virtual support with admin tasks.
• Develop their own skills in systems such as Google Docs, Excel and Word.
Specific Skills Required
We provide lots of training, but we are looking for VV who are:
• Friendly and outgoing
• Have an interest in Archives, local history and Museums.
• Have an interest in cataloguing, transcribing and indexing.
• Have access to a computer, iPad or laptop.
• Age 18 or over.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
Our Volunteers enjoy:
• Being involved in Local History
• Being able to volunteer from the comfort of their own home.
• The opportunity to gain experience working within collection management.
• Having the opportunity to learn new skills
• Access to our comprehensive Volunteer Training program.
Level of commitment required
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity.
Happy to fit around the volunteers schedule.
Volunteer Opportunity Number
VO10163 (please take a note of this ‘VO’ number if applying for this role).