Role and Opportunity Details
Various volunteer roles
Read Easy UK is a registered charity that supports volunteers to set up Read Easy groups in their own communities.
These groups provide free, confidential, one-to-one support for adults. Coaching can be face to face or remote. If you want to see our work at first hand it is worth watching Jay Blades – Learning to read at 51 on BBC iplayer. An inspirational watch.
- Our first priority is to form a Committee to coordinate the work of the Read Easy group. Roles include Team Leader / Secretary / Treasurer / Literacy Specialist / PR …….
- The group will also need volunteer coordinators to support the work of the reading coaches on the ground. In this role you will be the point of contact for the coaches ad readers and support their work.
- In time we will also need Reading coaches to work with adults learning to read.
Full training is given to all whatever role you are in, there is a huge range of resources to support volunteers and there is a Regional Adviser on hand to support volunteers and groups.
Specific Skills Required
Self motivated, organised, good communication skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Depending on the role more specific skills may be required.
Benefits of Volunteering with this organisation
- Full training is given to all whatever role you are in, there is a huge range of resources to support volunteers and there is a Regional Adviser on hand to support volunteers and groups.
- Opportunity to make a difference to the community
- Belong to a network of volunteers
- Flexible – volunteer for hours to suit you
Level of commitment required
Volunteer Opportunity Number